Smilepoint Orthodontics gives you the option of either traditional metal braces or Invisalign. While not all orthodontic issues can be corrected with Invisalign, many can, and for those people Invisalign is a great choice! There are many benefits of choosing Invisalign over traditional braces.
What is Invisalign
- Before we list the benefits, we’ll explain what Invisalign is.
- Invisalign corrects tooth position through the use of a series of dental aligner trays, a sort of modified retainer, that moves your teeth slowly.
- These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth.
- Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist plans out for you.
- There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten.
- You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete.
- You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.
- These aligners are clear, and so nearly invisible.
- This might not be important to some but to many, teenagers and adults alike, it’s a deciding factor.
- Invisalign is removable and so you don’t have to stop activities that you’d have to with braces.
- This includes some sports, musical instruments such as the clarinet can be fully participated in during your orthodontic work.
- Photos can be taken without your braces being immortalized too. So book your senior pictures or plan the wedding!
- If eating is part of your lifestyle, you’ll love Invisalign. When you are undergoing treatment with Invisalign, there are no limitations put on you, as there are with traditional braces
- Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you won’t have to drastically change your dental hygiene routine the way you do with traditional metal braces.
- You simply take the tray out and brush and floss as normal.
- This means you can have a thorough dental cleaning while undergoing treatment too.
- When you are finished, you’ll have straight and perfectly clean teeth!
If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign, call our office.